新概念英语:听力《童话镇》玛丽请律师讲解

2024-04-02 20:37:51来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. well advised:审慎;稳妥

  eg. You would be well advised to tackle this problem urgently.

  你还是抓紧处理这个问题为好。

  2. persuade:劝说;说服

  eg. Try to persuade him to come.

  尽量劝他来。

  对话部分

  Emma:Mr.Gold. What are you doing here?

  戈登先生 你在这里干嘛?

  Mr.Gold:Offering my legal services.

  提供法律服务。

  Emma:You're a lawyer?

  你是律师吗?

  Mr.Gold:Ever wondered why I was so adept at contracts? I've been following the details of your case, Ms. Blanchard.And I think you'd be welladvised to bring me on as your counsel.

  你就没想过我写合同怎么如此信手拈来 我一直在留意你案件的详情 布兰切特女士 我认为你雇我做你的律师将是明智之举。

  Margaret:And why is that?

  为什么?

  Mr.Gold:Well, because the sheriff had me arrested for nearly beating a man to death,and I managed to persuade the judge to drop the charges.

  警长曾逮捕过我 因为我几乎打死一个人 而我成功说服法官撤诉。

  Emma:Asserting your influence isn't what's needed here.We need to find the truth.

  我们不需要你展示自己的影响力 我们需要查明真相。

  Mr.Gold:Exerting influence may be exactly what's needed here.

  发挥影响力也许正是你们需要的。

  Emma:What's needed here is for me to do my job.

  我们需要的是我尽职查案。

  Mr.Gold:Well, no one's stopping you. I'm only here to help.

  没人拦着你啊 我只是来帮忙的。

  Margaret:Enough. Please go.

  别吵了 请你离开。

  Emma:You heard her.

  你听到了吧。

  Margaret:No, I was talking to you.

  不 我是和你说的。

  Margaret:Oh, Emma, he's right. I need help.And you need to do your job, or else I'm screwed.So just please, do your job the best you can, and you'll prove me innocent.Until you do, I need some practical help.

  艾玛 他说的对 我需要帮助 你得好好查案 否则我就完了 所以 拜托 尽全力查明真相 你能证明我的清白 在此之前 我需要点实际帮助。

  Mr.Gold:Trust me.This is in Ms. Blanchard's best interests. Good luck, Mary Margaret.

  相信我 这是为了布兰切特女士好 玛丽·玛格丽特 祝你好运。

  Emma:I hope your best interests are what he's looking out for.

  我希望他这么做 真的是为了你好。

新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料