新概念英语:听力《童话镇》玛丽的庭审前谈话讲解

2024-05-19 08:47:00来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. claim:宣称;声称;断言

  eg. He claims (that) he was not given a fair hearing.

  他声称他未得到公正的申述机会。

  2. honest:坦率的;坦诚的

  eg. Are you being completely honest about your feelings?

  你丝毫没有隐瞒你的感情吗?

  重点讲解

  Spencer:Ms. Blanchard, this is not a courtroom. I'm not here to judge you.

  布兰切特女士 这里不是法庭 我不是来审判你的。

  Spencer:You can be honest with me.

  你可以说实话。

  Mary: Shall we end this? I am being honest with you.

  我们能不谈这个吗 我是在说实话。

  Spencer:The wife of the man you loved humiliated you in a public forum.

  你深爱男人的妻子公开场合羞辱你。

  Spencer:Surely you must have felt some anger towards Kathryn.

  你肯定会生凯思琳的气。

  Mary: Yes, I was angry.

  对 我是生气。

  Spencer:And did you ever think about acting upon that anger?

  你想过做点什么来宣泄你的愤怒吗?

  Mary: Of course not.

  当然没有。

  Spencer:I have a hard time believing that.

  我很难相信这点。

  Mary: Whwhy?

  为...为什么?

  Spencer:Because you wanted Kathryn Nolan gone.

  因为你希望凯思琳·诺兰消失。

  Mary: I never said that. All right.

  我从没这么说过 好了。

  Mr. Gold: My client is answering no more questions for the day.

  我的委托人今天不会再回答问题了。

  Spencer:Your client agreed to this interview because she claimed she had nothing to hide.

  你的委托人同意接受这次访问 她说她没什么可隐瞒的。

  Mary: I don't have anything to hide.

  我确实没有。

  Spencer:Then what is your answer?

  那么你的回答是什么?

  Spencer:You wanted Kathryn gone, didn't you?

  你希望凯思琳消失 不是吗?

  Mary: No.

  不是。

  Spencer:Even after she tried to keep you and David apart?

  即使她试图拆散你和戴维?

  Spencer:After she slapped you in public?

  在公共场合扇你耳光?

  Spencer:After she made you a pariah in your own town?

  把你搞成了镇上的贱人?

  Mary: Yes, of course I wanted her gone.

  对 我是希望她消失。

  Mary: She was the only thing keeping us apart, so yeah, I wanted her gone. Is that what you wanna hear?

  她是我们之间唯一的阻碍 我希望她消失 你就想听这个吗?

  Woman: No, this won't do.

  不 这身不行。

  Woman: What are you doing?

  你在做什么?

新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料