新概念英语: 听力《童话镇》虚怀若谷讲解

2024-01-18 20:29:51来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. worship:热爱;爱慕,崇拜(尤指达到看不到缺点的地步)

  eg. She worships her children.

  她极度疼爱自己的儿女。

  2. mystical:神秘的;不可思议的;难以解释的

  eg. Watching the sun rise over the mountain was an almost mystical experience.

  看着太阳爬上山冈,这几乎是一种难以言传的体验。

  对话部分

  Emma: You know an awful lot about this town for being a stranger.

  作为外人 你未免太了解这镇子了。

  The writer:And you know very little for being the sheriff.

  而作为警长 你了解的太少了。

  Emma: How do you know all this? You've been here before?

  你如何知道这些的 你之前来过吗?

  The writer:I know all of this for one very simple reason.

  我知道这些的原因很简单。

  The writer:I read the plaque.

  我看了那块石碑。

  Emma: You actually believe that?

  你真的相信这个吗?

  The writer:I'm a writer. I have to have an open mind.

  我是个作家 我得虚怀若谷。

  Emma: Yeah, but magic?

  没错 但是相信魔法吗?

  The writer:Water is a very powerful thing. Cultures as old as time have worshipped it.

  水是很强大的东西 自有文明以来 人们就崇拜它了。

  The writer:It flows throughout all lands, connecting the entire world. If anything had mystical properties, if anything had magic, well, I'd say it'd be water.

  它流经所有土地 连接了整个世界 如果说什么东西有神秘力量 或者魔力 那一定是水。

  Emma: That's asking a lot to believe on faith.

  你要我相信的东西可真多。

  The writer:If you need evidence for everything, Emma, you're gonna find yourself stuck in one place for a long time.

  如果你做任何事都需要证据 艾玛 你会发现自己一直困在原地。

  Emma: Maybe. Or maybe I'll just find the truth before anyone else.

  也许吧 也或许我能赶在其他之前找到真相。

  The writer:Well, Ms. Skeptic, there's one thing I can tell you for sure that requires no leap of faith, and I know you'll agree with me.

  "怀疑"女士 我能很确定地告诉你一件事 用不着你放"心"一搏 而且我确定你会赞成。

  The writer:What's that?

  是什么?

  Emma: It's good water.

  水很好喝。


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料