新概念英语:听力《童话镇》挪用公款讲解

2023-12-05 20:21:35来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. lavish:浪费的;丰富的;大方的

  eg. His wife lavished money upon household appliances.

  他妻子在家用电器上的滥花钱。

  2. evidence:证据,证明;迹象;明显

  eg. She evidenced her approval by promising her full support。

  她答应全力支持,以此来表明她的赞成。

  对话部分

  Henry: What are you doing in Storybrooke?

  你在童话镇干什么?

  Stranger:I'm a writer.

  我是一个作家。

  Henry: You can write anywhere.

  你在哪里都可以当作家。

  Henry: What are you really doing here?

  你来这里的真正目的是什么?

  Stranger:Stuff.

  这个那个。

  Stranger:Good luck with the stories.

  祝你和你的故事好运。

  Sidney: Blueprints, bank statements.

  设计图 银行结单。

  Emma: What is she building out there?

  她想在那里建造什么?

  Emma: A mansion?

  一栋宅邸吗?

  Sidney: Well, whatever it is, it doesn't matter,because these escrow statements have her name all over it.

  不管是什么都不重要了,反正这些转让协议上有她的名字转让给 瑞金娜·米尔斯。

  Sidney: You were right. Personal use.

  你是对的 是私用。

  Sidney: She's done. We got her.

  她完蛋了 我们抓住了她的把柄。

  Sidney: What's wrong? Didn't you hear me?

  怎么了 你听到我说的话了吗?

  Emma: We stooped to her level.

  我们沦落到她那种层次了。

  Emma: That's exactly what I promised Henry I wouldn't do.

  我向亨利保证过不能这样的。

  Sidney: Emma, we got her!

  艾玛 我们抓住了她的把柄!

  Sidney: It's fruit of the poisonous tree, illegally obtained evidence.

  这些是毒树之果 是非法渠道得来的证据。

  Sidney: It'll get thrown out in court in a heartbeat.

  它们在法庭上会被立刻宣判无效。

  Sidney: No, we don't need her to go to jail.

  不 我们不需要把她送进监狱。

  Emma: Then what are we doing here?

  那我们在做什么?

  Sidney: What you wished for-- get everyone to see who she is.

  你的愿望 让所有人看清她的真面目。

  Sidney: What she did to Henry, she does to everyone.

  她对亨利的所作所为 也是她对大家的所作所为。

  Sidney: She destroys what people love.

  她摧毁人们的心爱之物。

  Sidney: Let me show you something.

  我要给你看些东西。

  Sidney: She made me follow you.

  她逼我跟踪你。

  Sidney: She made me tell her everything.

  向她报告你的行踪。

  Sidney: She knew about your secret place weeks ago.

  她几星期前就知道了你们的秘密基地。

  Sidney: She just waited to destroy it till it would hurt you and Henry the most.

  她只是在等待最好的时机来摧毁它 为了能最大限度的伤害你和亨利。

  Sidney: If you don't do this,I have to.

  如果你不愿意这么做,我也会。

  Emma: Okay.

  好吧。

  Mayor: This session of the Storybrooke city council will come to order.

  此次镇议会正式开始。

  Mayor: We will begin by reading the minutes from our last meeting.

  我们先来回顾一下上次的会议记录。

  Sidney: Excuse me, um, Madame Mayor.

  打扰一下 镇长阁下。

  Sidney: I have something I'd like to bring to the council's attention.

  我有一些东西想呈递给议会。

  Mayor: This is not an open forum, Sidney.

  这不是一个公开讨论会 西德尼。

  Mayor: And no one on this council's interested in hearing the boozy complaints of a disgraced reporter.

  而且议会里没人有兴趣 听一个被开除者的疯言疯语。

  Mayor: Now sit down.

  所以请坐下。

  Emma: He's not the only one who has something to say.

  他不是唯一有话想说的人。

  Mayor: Ms. Swan, this meeting is to discuss issues facing Storybrooke.

  斯旺小姐 这个会议是为了讨论童话镇的大小事务。

  Emma: Like the mayor stealing thousands of dollars from the city to build herself a second home?

  比如市长挪用了上千美元公款 来给她自己建造别苑。

  Mayor: Ms. Swan, you will sit down immediately, or so help me

  斯旺女士 请你立刻坐下 不然我敢说。

  Emma: What? You'll punish me?

  什么 你要惩罚我吗?

  Emma: You'll bully me like everyone else in this town?

  你想以强欺弱 像你对镇上其他人那样吗?

  Mayor: No.

  不。

  Mayor: Not today.

  今天不行。

  Emma: In my hand, I am holding documents proving that this woman, your mayor,stole funds from the city to build herself a lavish home in the woods.

  我手上 握着能证明 这个女人 你们的镇长 挪用公款,为自己在森林里建造了奢华住宅的证据。


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料