新概念英语:《童话镇》三周前的记录不见了

2023-11-28 18:45:52来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. check:核对无误;将军(象棋);证明无误

  eg. Check the status of your email server.

  检查电子邮件服务器的状态。

  2. transfer:转让;使转移;传递;调任

  eg. They promote or transfer employees on the basis of seniority.

  他们是根据资历对员工进行提升或调任。

  对话部分

  Queen: And how do you see me?

  你如何看我?

  Man: As the fairest in all the land.

  你是这世上最美的人。

  Emma: When did that transfer go through?

  转账是什么时候的事?

  Emma: Does three weeks ago sound right?

  大约三周前吗?

  Sidney:Yeah. Why?

  是的 怎么了?

  Emma: Because those records are missing.

  那些记录不见了。

  Margaret:Emma, there's something I'd like to talk to

  艾玛 我有点事想和你...

  Margaret:Hi, Sidney.

  你好 西德尼。

  Emma: Hey. We're just doing some work.

  我们在查些东西。

  Emma: I think we may have found something on Regina.

  我们可能抓到了瑞金娜的小辫子。

  Margaret:Interesting work.

  真是有趣的工作。

  Emma: Oh, I approve.

  我没意见。

  Sidney:You wanna go by the book? Let's get a warrant.

  你想按章办事吗 那去申请搜查令吧。

  Emma: What judge are we gonna find that she doesn't own?

  我们该找谁 哪个法官不听命于她?

  Sidney:We're screwed.

  我们没戏了。

  Sidney:Or... there's my way.

  或者用我的办法。

  Emma: I want to do this right, Sidney.

  我想正当地解决这件事 西德尼。

  Emma: And what's right is exposing her.

  揭露她的行径才是正当的事。

  Sidney:Sometimes doing a bad thing for a good reason is okay, right?

  有时候为了正当的理由做点坏事也没关系吧?

  Margaret:Yeah. I mean, maybe you're doing something wrong,but if it's what's meant to be, if it's what's right,does that really make you a bad person?

  没错 也许你的行为是不对的,但如果这是注定要发生的 如果这是该发生的,你这么做难道就是坏人吗?

  Sidney:Exactly.

  完全正确。

  Emma: Wow. You two are doing a whole lot of rationalizing.

  你们俩为这事可找了不少正当借口。

  Sidney:But look what she's done to you, to me, to your son, and it's not gonna stop,so whatever you do, you gotta do something.

  看看她对你 对我 对你儿子所做的事 而且她不会停下,所以无论如何 你都要做些什么。

  Emma: Let's start by talking to her.

  那我们先和她谈谈。

  Mayor: And just what are you and the...disgraced ex-reporter accusing me of?

  所以你和这位...被炒掉的记者对我有什么意见?

  Emma: $50,000 was transferred out of the city account by you.

  你从镇政府的户头里转走了五万美元。

  Mayor:Well, as Mayor, I'm involved in many transactions.

  作为镇长 我可是日理万机。

  Mayor:Check the public records if you have questions.

  要是有疑问就去查公共记录。

  Emma: That's the thing. They're missing from three weeks ago.

  问题就在这儿 三周前的记录不见了。

  Emma: You have any idea what happened to them?

  你知道它们去哪了吗?

  Mayor:Well, if they're missing, I probably checked them out,as my job often requires me to do.

  如果它们不见了 可能是我拿走翻看了,因为这是我的职责所在。

  Mayor:And if they were checked out three weeks ago,well, that means they burned in a fire.

  但如果是我三周前取出来看的,那就意味着记录在一场大火中 被烧毁了。

  Mayor:In a fire, that if I recall, got you elected sheriff.

  我没记错的话 这场火令你当选为警长。

  Mayor:I have nothing to hide.

  我没什么可隐瞒的。

  Emma: Okay.

  好吧。

  Emma: There's nothing for us to do. Let's go, Sidney.

  我们没什么能做的了 走吧 西德尼。

  Sidney:Emma.

  艾玛。

  Emma: No, she's right. We have nothing.

  她说得对 我们一无所获。

  Sidney:That was your plan? I thought you were gonna do something.

  这就是你的计划 还以为你要做什么呢。

  Emma: I did. I planted a bug.

  我做了 我装了个窃听器。

  Emma: You win, Sidney. Let's do whatever it takes.

  你赢了西德尼 我们要不择手段。

  Man: You called for me, your majesty?

  您召见我吗 陛下?

  King: I have reason to believe...

  我有理由认为...

  King: My wife's heart belongs to another man.

  我妻子爱上了别的男人。

  Man: Well, certainly, the queen would never stray, your majesty.

  皇后肯定不会误入歧途的 陛下。

  King: And yet her diary suggests otherwise.

  但她的日记可不是这么写的。


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料