新概念英语:听力《童话镇》存在的意义讲解

2023-11-19 19:35:44来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. benefacto:恩人;捐助者;施主

  eg. There is nothing more despicable than betraying a benefactor.

  没有什麽比背叛一个恩人更卑劣的了。

  2. appropriate:适当的

  eg. That selfish student always appropriates the biggest bookcase and desk.

  那个自私的学生总是占用最大的书橱和书桌。

  对话部分

  Papa: I don't have any money to pay you.

  我没有钱来回报你。

  Beggar:I can think of another way.

  你可以用别的方式报答我。

  Beggar:You just feed me whatever you can spare,and I'll find a way to be your benefactor.

  你有什么剩饭剩菜给我点我会想办法帮助你。

  Mayor: Everyone deserves to feel safe in their own homes.

  每个人都应该在自己家里有安全感。

  Mayor: That's why Sidney Glass is my choice for post of sheriff.

  所以我才指派西德尼·格拉斯为新任警长。

  Mayor: This man has put the needs of Storybrooke above his own for as long as any of us can remember,as chief editor of the Storybrooke "Daily Mirror."

  他作为童话镇《每日镜报》的主编自始至终都把童话镇的利益放在第一位。

  Mayor: Please welcome your new sheriff.

  现在请欢迎我们的新警长。

  Emma: Hang on a second.

  等等。

  Mayor: Oh, Ms. Swan, this is not appropriate.

  斯旺女士 这可不合时宜。

  Emma: The only thing not appropriate is this ceremony.

  这个仪式才不合时宜。

  Emma: She does not have the power to appoint him.

  她无权任命警长。

  Mayor: The Town Charter clearly states "The Mayor shall appoint"

  本镇法律明文规定 镇长有权提名。

  Emma: A candidate. You can appoint a candidate.

  候选人 你只可以提名候选人。

  Emma: It calls for an election.

  然后由大家投票决定。

  Mayor: The term "candidate" is applied loosely.

  关于候选人这一项 执行起来是很宽松的。

  Emma: No, it's not. It requires a vote.

  不 执行起来很严格 要进行选举。

  Emma: And guess what, Madam Mayor I'm running.

  镇长女士 我要参加竞选。

  Mayor: Fine. So is Sidney.

  很好 西德尼也会参加。

  Sidney: I am?

  我参加吗?

  Sidney: I am.

  我参加。

  Mayor: With my full support.

  并有我全力支持。

  Mayor: I'll guess we'll learn a little something about the will of the people.

  这么看来 我们很快就能对 民心所向略知一二。

  Emma: I guess we will.

  我看也是。

  Papa: Another day gone.

  又过了一天。

  Papa: There'll be no fleeing now.

  现在逃不掉了。

  Beggar:No.

  是的。

  Beggar:You need to find another way.

  你需要另想办法。

  Beggar:You need to choose a different path.

  你需要另选出路。

  Papa: Choose?

  选择?

  Papa: What choice do I have?

  我哪有什么选择?

  Beggar:Everyone has a choice.

  人人都有选择。

  Papa: I'm the town...coward.

  我是镇上的懦夫。

  Papa: The only choice I have...is which corner to hide in.

  我唯一能选的……就是何处可以藏身。

  Papa: I'm lame...friendless...

  我腿瘸……又没有朋友……

  Papa: The only thing I've got is my boy...

  我只有儿子和我相依为命……

  Papa: And they're gonna take him away from me.

  他们还要把他从我身边抢走。

  Papa: If they take him away, I will truly...truly become dust.

  如果他们把他从我身边带走……我就真的没有活着的意义了。

  Beggar:Not if you have power.

  如果你有力量就可以改变这些。

  Papa: You may as well say diamonds.

  你怎么不说用钻石可以改变一切呢。

  Beggar:Get a hold of yourself.

  振作点。

  Beggar:Think.

  仔细想想。

  Beggar:Why do you think that someone as powerful as the dark one would work for a useless fool like the Duke of the Frontlands?

  你觉得为什么像黑暗者这么强大的人会给方特兰公爵这种鼠辈效力?

  Papa: Tell me.

  为什么。

  Beggar:The Duke has the dark one in thrall.

  黑暗者受到了公爵的束缚。

  Beggar:He's enslaved him with the power of a mystical dagger.

  他用一把神秘匕首的力量奴役了他。

  Beggar:And on the blade is written a name

  匕首刃上有一个名字。


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料