新概念英语:听力《童话镇》一阿斯特丽德的困境讲解

2024-02-09 08:47:00来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. obvious:明显的;显著的;平淡无奇的

  eg. In this example, the contradiction is obvious.

  在这个例子中,矛盾是明显的。

  2. bsee the light of day:开始存在;问世;开始为人所知

  eg. He's written a lot of good material that has never seen the light of day.

  他写了许多鲜为人知的好材料。

  对话部分

  Leroy:Maybe I saw the light. I mean, maybe somebody showed it to me. What difference does it make, sister? It looks like you can use all the help you can get.

  也许我突然明白事理了呢 也许有人给了我指引 有什么区别呢 小妹 看上去你非常需要人帮助。

  Sister Astrid:Okay, I need help manning the candle booth. No swearing, no drinking, and I get to call all the shots.

  好吧 我需要有人帮忙打理蜡烛摊位 不能骂人 不能喝酒 一切都是我说了算。

  Sister :You ordered how many tanks of helium?

  你订了多少罐氦气。

  Sister Astrid:I meant to order twelve.

  我本想订十二罐的。

  Sister :You ordered twelve dozen.

  可是你订了十二打。

  Sister Astrid:Return them.

  退掉吧。

  Sister Astrid:There are no refunds. We needed that money. You knew that. You know how he feels about us. You fix this, Sister Astrid. You fix it now.

  他们不退款 我们需要这笔钱 你知道的 你知道他对我们的态度 你解决 阿斯特丽德修女 马上解决。

  Leroy:Hey. What's the problem?

  你好 有什么问题吗?

  Sister Astrid:The problem is I'm an idiot. We get a stipend each year for expenses, and it's all carefully budgeted except for the part where I spent it all on helium. And now we can't pay our rent.

  问题是我就是个笨蛋 我们每年获得定额津贴用于花销 所有花销都精心做过预算安排 除了我花在氦气上的这部分钱 现在我们没有钱付租金了。

  Leroy:So you'll make it up when you get your next stipend.

  你们收到下笔津贴时就能补上这笔钱了。

  Sister Astrid:Which isn't till next month. The rent is due next week. And the only income we have are these candles.

  我们下个月才能拿到这笔钱 而房租下周就该交了 我们唯一的收入只有这些蜡烛。

  Leroy:Well, so how many do you need to sell?

  你们需要卖掉多少蜡烛?

  Sister Astrid:Like, a thousand.

  大概一千吧。

  Leroy:How many did you sell last year?

  你们去年卖了多少?

  Sister Astrid:Forty-two.

  四十二。


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料