新概念英语:听力《童话镇》来自旺斯警长的安慰讲解

2024-02-02 18:18:25来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. trade in sth with sb:做买卖;做生意;从事贸易

  eg. The firm openly traded in arms.

  这家公司公开买卖军火。

  2. drop out of sth:不再参加;退出;脱离

  eg. He has dropped out of active politics.

  他已不再积极参政了。

  对话部分

  Emma:Hey, mind if I join you? So what the hell is Miners Day, and why are you beating yourself up over it?

  我能跟你一起走吗?矿工日到底是什么 你干嘛为此这么费心?

  Margaret:It's an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition. The nuns used to make candles and trade them with the miners for coal.

  这是一年一度的传统节日 修女们曾经制作蜡烛来跟矿工们交换燃煤。

  Emma:Coal? In Maine? If they were mining for lobster, I'd understand.

  缅因州还有煤矿 要是矿里产龙虾 那还差不多。

  Margaret:Look, I don't know. Now they use it as a fund-raiser. It's an amazing party. Everyone loves it.

  我也不知道 现在就是一个慈善募款会 是个盛大的聚会 大家都很喜欢。

  Emma:It doesn't seem like everyone loves it.

  他们看着不像喜欢的样子。

  Margaret:It's not Miners Day. It's me. Last week, I had ten volunteers. This week, they all dropped out.

  不是不喜欢矿工日 是不喜欢我 上周有十个志愿者 这周都退出了。

  Emma:You think this is about what happened with David?

  你觉得这跟你和戴维的事有关?

  Margaret:Oh, I know it is. A few of them told me as much. I've never... been a homewrecker before.

  我知道就是 有几个志愿者就这么跟我说的 我还从来没有做过小三呢。

  Emma:It's gonna blow over. You made a mistake with David. It happens. But you don't have to do charity to try to win people's hearts back.

  事情会过去的 你看错了戴维 这是人之常情 你不必做慈善事业来赢得人们的尊重。

  Margaret:I have to do something. And this is the best I can do.

  我总得做点什么 我也只能做这些了。

  Margaret:Love ruined my life.

  爱情毁了我的生活。

  Emma:Sheriff Swan. Yeah. I'll be right down.

  我是斯旺警长 好 我马上就到。

  Emma:Well, apparently, duty calls. Hang in there. And if there's anything I can do to help, I will.

  我有案要办了 别灰心 我要是能帮上忙肯定帮你。

  Margaret:I know. Thank you.

  我知道 谢谢。


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料