新概念英语:听力《童话镇》凯思琳失踪讲解

2024-02-04 09:21:00来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. what for?:为何目的;为何理由

  eg. What is this tool for?

  这个工具是干什么用的?

  2. abandoned:被离弃的;被遗弃的;被抛弃的

  eg. The child was found abandoned but unharmed.

  该弃儿被人们发现时安然无恙。

  对话部分

  Astrid:You know, someone once told me you can do anything as long as you can dream it.

  曾有人告诉我 只要有梦想 一切都能实现。

  Leroy:You really think so?

  你真这么认为吗?

  Astrid:Sure. Look how easily you fixed those lights. I bet you could do anything. I should, uh, get back to the volunteer center. Nice to meet you, Leroy.

  当然 看你不费吹灰之力就把灯弄好了 我敢打赌你能做任何事 我得回志愿者中心了,很高兴见到你 勒罗伊。

  Reporter:You mind if I take a look, too?

  介意我也来看看吗?

  Emma:What for?

  你来干嘛?

  Reporter:Well, just because I got fired from the "Mirror" doesn't mean I can't do a little freelance reporting. So what do we got here?

  我被《镜报》炒了不代表我就不能做自由撰稿人 什么情况?

  Emma:Gym teacher found this thing on the side of the road, abandoned, engine running, no one around. Registered to Kathryn Nolan. She's M.I.A.

  体育老师在路边发现了这辆被遗弃的车 没熄火 也没发现司机 车登记在凯思琳·诺兰名下 她目前失踪。

  Reporter:Kathryn Nolan, whose husband very publicly left her? I mean, the story writes itself. If I get a scoop like that, the "Daily Mirror" would have no choice but to take me back.

  凯思琳·诺兰 被老公抛弃 搞得人尽皆知的那个吗 这可是绝佳的新闻啊 如果我能拿到这样的独家新闻 《每日镜报》肯定会立马把我请回去的。

  Emma:Calm down, tiger. You don't work for Regina anymore.

  冷静点 鸡血男 你已经不为瑞金娜卖命了。

  Emma:Kathryn got accepted to law school in Boston.

  凯思琳被波士顿的法学院录取了。

  Emma:Maybe after David dumped her, she decided to leave town.

  戴维和她分手后 也许她想离开童话镇。

  Emma:Car broke down. She hitched the rest of the way.

  车坏了 于是只能搭便车去波士顿了。

  Emma:That's what I would do if I was running away from my problems.

  要是我想逃离烂摊子 我就会这么做。


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料