新概念英语:听力《童话镇》警长之位的讲解

2023-11-19 11:54:05来源:网络

  重点讲解

  1. charter:特许;包租;发给特许执照

  eg. Addresses the carriage of goods, towage, charter parties, marine pollution, and marine insurance, including general average.

  书中涉及了货物运输、拖航、船舶租赁、海洋污染和保险,包括共同海损。

  2. authority:权威;权力;当局

  eg. The office manager exerts most of the authority in this office.

  在这办公室里,办公室经理行使绝大部分权力。

  对话部分

  Emma:How does that even make sense?

  这太荒谬了吧?

  Mayor: Well, he's covered the sheriff's office for as long as anyone can remember.

  他在警长办公室做事已经有很长时间了。

  Mayor: And he'll do whatever you want him to.

  而且他对你言听计从。

  Emma:You just cannot stand the fact that things have been getting better around here, can you?

  你就是无法忍受事情往好的方向发展 是不是?

  Mayor: Better?

  好的方向?

  Mayor: Are you referring to Graham's death as better?

  你觉得格兰姆的死是件好事吗?

  Emma:No.

  不。

  Mayor: He was a good man, Ms. Swan.

  他是个好人 斯旺女士。

  Mayor: He made this town safe, and forgive me for saying it,but you have not earned the right to wear his badge.

  他保障了镇子的安全 恕我冒昧你可没有资格接替他的位置。

  Emma:Graham picked me... to be deputy.

  格兰姆选了我来当副警长。

  Mayor: He was wrong.

  他选错了人。

  Emma:No, he knew what he was doing.

  不 他知道自己该选什么样的人。

  Emma:He freed this office from your leash.

  他设法让警署摆脱了你的控制。

  Emma:You're not getting it back.

  你别想卷土重来。

  Mayor: Actually, I just did.

  事实上 我已经做到了。

  Mayor: Ms. Swan, you're fired.

  斯旺女士 你被开除了。

  Margaret: Toaster broken?

  烤箱坏了吗?

  Emma:It wasn't when I started with it.

  刚开始还是好的。

  Emma:Pretty sure it is now.

  但它现在肯定坏了。

  Emma:I just needed to hit something.

  我就是得出出气。

  Margaret: What's going on?

  怎么了?

  Emma:Regina fired me so she could put one of her own puppets in as sheriff.

  瑞金娜开除了我这样她就可以让自己的傀儡坐上警长之位。

  Emma:That's my job.

  那是我的职位。

  Margaret: Never heard you so passionate about it before.

  头回知道你如此热衷这个职位。

  Margaret: What happened?

  发生了什么?

  Emma:I don't know. I just...

  我不知道 我就是……

  Emma:I know I want it back.

  我想要回那份工作。

  Margaret: There must be a reason.

  你这样肯定是有原因的吧。

  Emma:Maybe...

  大概……

  Emma:I just want to beat her.

  我就是想打败她。

  Mr. Gold: Good evening, Ms. Swan. Sorry for the intrusion.

  晚上好 斯旺女士 叨扰您了。

  Mr. Gold: There's something I'd like to discuss with you.

  有些事情 我想跟您谈谈。

  Margaret: I'll let you two talk.

  我这就回避。

  Emma:Come on in.

  进来吧。

  Mr. Gold: Thank you.

  谢谢。

  Mr. Gold: I heard about what happened. Such an injustice.

  我都听说了 这真不公平。

  Emma:Yeah, well, what's done is done.

  是啊 可木已成舟。

  Mr. Gold: Spoken like a true fighter.

  这口气倒像个真正的斗士。

  Emma:I don't know what chance I have.

  我毫无机会。

  Emma:She's Mayor, and I'm...

  她是镇长 而我不过是……

  Emma:Well... Me.

  我而已。

  Mr. Gold: Ms. Swan, two people with a common goal can accomplish many things.

  斯旺女士 若是两个人目标一致可成大事。

  Mr. Gold: Two people with a common enemy...can accomplish even more.

  若是两个人同仇敌忾……将所向披靡。

  Mr. Gold: How would you like a benefactor?

  你想让我帮你吗?

  Emma:A benefactor?

  帮我?

  Mr. Gold: Do you mind?

  介意坐下谈吗?

  Mr. Gold: You know...

  知道吗……

  Mr. Gold: It really is, quite shocking how few people study the Town Charter.

  真是令人震惊人们对于童话镇法典竟所知无几。

  Emma:The Town Charter?

  童话镇法典?

  Mr. Gold: Well, it's quite comprehensive.

  它规定的内容甚为全面。

  Mr. Gold: And the Mayor's authority?

  至于镇长的职权?

  Mr. Gold: Well, maybe she's not quite as powerful as she seems.

  或许 她并不是真的能一手遮天。

  Papa: Bae.

  小比。

  Papa: Waken up, son. Come on, waken up, son.

  醒醒 儿子 快点醒醒 孩子。

  Papa: We're going now. We're going now. Come on. Come on.

  我们得走了 得走了 快点。

  Bae:It feels wrong to run away.

  我觉得不应该逃跑。

  Papa: It's worse to die, son.

  总比送死好 孩子。

  Papa: I'm not having you taken away to that ogres-war.

  我不能把你送进战争虎口。

  Beggar:Alms for the poor? Alms for the poor?

  施舍点吧 可怜可怜穷人吧?


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料