走遍美国:职业选择 Career Choices ACT II

2021-09-24 17:24:00来源:网络

  新东方在线新概念小编为大家整理了《走遍美国》系列美文,希望对大家的新概念英语学习有所帮助。更多精彩尽请关注新东方在线新概念英语学习网(http://nce.koolearn.com )!

  ACT II

  There's your teddy bear, Max. 这是你的玩具熊,Max。

  He just loves that teddy bear 他就喜欢这个玩具熊

  that Grandpa Philip bought for him. 祖父Philip给他买的。

  I took him to Philip's office yesterday for a checkup. 我昨天带他到Philip的办公室去做检查。

  You should have seen the look on his face 真该看看他脸上的表情

  when Molly gave him the injection. 当Molly给他打针时。

  Oh, did he cry? 噢,他哭了吗?

  No. 没有。

  My dear little boy just looked up at me as if to say, 我亲爱的小男孩只是仰头看着我好像在说

  "Mama, what are they doing to me? Help!" “妈妈,他们在对我做什么?救命呀!”

  How did you feel? 感觉怎么样?

  Tell the truth. 告诉我实话。

  Didn't you feel terrible? 没有感到可怕吗?

  I sure did. 我的确有。

  I held him closely. 我紧紧地抱着他。

  I kissed the top of his dear little head. 我吻着他可爱的小头顶。

  He looked up at me. 他仰头看我。

  He tried to smile. 他设法要微笑。

  Being with him helped. 和他在一起有帮助。

  Helped him? 帮助他?

  Or helped you? 还是帮助你?

  Being a mother is not easy, 当一个母亲真不容易,

  if that's what you mean. 是这个意思吧。

  Speaking of being a mother, 谈到当母亲

  I've been meaning to ask you 我一直想问

  what you were thinking about regarding going back to work. 你是否打算回去工作。

  I know Rita Mae called. 我知道Rita Mae打电话给你了。

  I can imagine what is going through your head. 我能想像你的头脑正在考虑什么事。

  I'm sure you can, Ellen. 说的没错,Ellen。

  There are so many things to consider. 是有许多事情要考虑。

  One thing that makes it easier for you 有一件事可以使做起决定来比较容易

  is that you have us. 就是有我们帮忙。

  Max will always have a family member to watch over him 家里总会有一个人照顾Max

  while you're at work. 在你工作的时候。

  I didn't have that when Richard and Susan were born. 在Richard和Susan出生时我可没有人帮忙。

  What did you do? 那你怎么办呢?

  I chose to continue with my career as a music teacher. 我选择继续我的音乐教师的事业。

  We hired a woman to watch Richard and then Susan, 我们雇用一名女士来照顾Richard 后来又照顾Susan,

  and I continued with my career. 而我则继续我的事业。

  Do you think you made the right decision? 你认为你的决定正确吗?

  I think I did. 我想是的。

  But when Robbie was born, 但当Robbie出生后,

  I decided to give full-time attention to raising Robbie. 我决定全力抚育他。

  I felt differently at that time. 那时我的感觉又不一样了。

  And you gave up your career as a music teacher? 那么你就放弃了音乐教师的事业?

  Not exactly. 不完全。

  I continued to teach piano lessons at home. 我继续在家教钢琴。

  How did you feel about being away 对出外工作有何感想

  when Susan and Richard were babies? 当Richard和Susan还很小时 ?

  I think I did the right thing 我觉得我做了一件对的事

  for them and for myself and for Philip. 为他们也为我自己和Philip。

  We needed the money. 我们当时需要钱。

  Remember? 记得吗?

  Well, we do too, Ellen. 嗯,我们也需要,Ellen。

  Everything I earn helps us towards getting that house 我的每一笔进帐都可帮助我们得到那幢房

  we want and need. 我们盼望而且也需要的。

  I can't wait till he's just a little older. 我迫不及待地希望他长大些。

  Our toy company makes the most wonderful toys for kids. 我们玩具公司为小孩子们造最棒的玩具。

  Max thanks you. Max,谢谢你。

  I thank you. 我也感谢你。

  And Richard thanks you. Richard也会感谢你。

  Now may I please say hello? 现在我可以说声你好吗?

  Hello. 你好。

  Hello. 你好。

  I miss Max and think about him all week long. 我想念Max一整个星期都在想他。

  We talk about him at dinnertime. 我们吃晚餐时总谈起他。

  Will you please try to relax? 能不能放轻松些?

  I've never seen you so wound up. 我从来没有看过你如此紧张。

  You seem to be enjoying the pressure. 看起来好像很乐于承受压力。

  以上就是新东方在线新概念英语学习网为你带来的《走遍美国》,更多精彩内容。敬请关注新东方在线新概念英语学习网(http://nce.koolearn.com)。


新东方在线英语水平测试

新概念1册-3天英语入门基础

本文关键字: 新概念英语二册 新概念

添加助教老师微信

免费领取2G新概念资料

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容

新概念学习资料大礼包

加助教免费领取2G资料

更多>>
更多资料